What do I miss most about 2006? Besides it being the last time we heard anything out of rapper Chamillionaire, it was also the last time I remember the word “budget” being used in conjunction with any other non-soul-crushing term. Well, folks, the news is still not awesome… but it also doesn’t suck that much! San Francisco is still in a deficit, but it’s the smallest shortfall in five years and this means we won’t have to make major cuts. Yay, again, for things not sucking!
- S.F. city fiscal picture strangely cheery (Chronicle) 12/12/2012
- San Francisco still in deficit, but the budget hole is shallower than before (Examiner) 12/12/2012
- Budget spares social services, boosts nonprofits (Examiner) 07/02/2012
- S.F. panel hammers out 2-year budget plan (Chronicle) 06/30/2012
- Funding priorities delay budget approval (Examiner) 06/29/2012
- It’s down to the wire for San Francisco’s budget (Examiner) 06/28/2012
- Some S.F. nonprofits ask city for $9 million more (Chronicle) 06/23/2012